Posted on Nov 20, 2013 in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Five DIY Gifts Kids Can Make
One year, using clay, we created an entire chess set for my husband featuring our family members! He loved it! The best part is getting the kids involved. While they may not have the funds to go purchase gifts for the important people in their lives, they will always have the energy and the love to create their own.
Homemade gifts don’t have to be perfect, in fact it’s the imperfections that make them valued in people’s hearts. Try these DIY gift ideas that your kids can make, and teach them the joy that comes with giving of yourself and your time!
- Artistic Mugs: How awesome will it be for dad to have coffee every morning from a mug lovingly designed especially for him? ALEX has a craft kit that allows kids to make six different porcelain gifts by simply painting and baking. Set aside a few hours for the kids to have a Paint Porcelain Party to make a picture frame, mug, vase, jewelry box and matching tea cup and heart saucer; absolutely adorable gifts that will be cherished for a lifetime.
- Felt Sachets: Sachets are a perfect sewing project, even for beginning sewers. Simply cut two identical felt shapes, then stitch around the edges, and before you close the opening, fill with some potpourri. My First Sewing Kit is a great beginner’s sewing kit with everything you need to start sewing right away. In addition to sachets, kids can make quick and easy projects for friends and family such as felt animals and a notebook cover with cool pre-cut patterns.
- Stationary: Purchase plain stationary, and let your little ones decorate the notecards and envelopes with their own unique artwork. Perfect for family that lives far away from you! Older kids can infuse more creativity into their projects by making their own paper with unique flower or magazine cut-outs as designs for cards, photo frames and even gift tags with Paper Factory.
- Make a Quilt: For a totally unique and surprising gift, your child can make a cozy fleece quilt for a loved one by simply knotting together the pieces that come ready to be “quilted’ in ALEX’s Knot a Quilt kit. It will not only warm the recipient’s body, but their heart as well!
- Jewelry: Kids love to use beads and buttons to make a variety of jewelry, including necklaces, bracelets and rings. No aunt can resist wearing homemade jewelry from their nieces! ALEX has loads of kid-friendly jewelry making craft kits sure to please even the most discerning artistic tastes from BFF bracelets, to juice tab, tile and M&M wrapper jewelry. The possibilities are endless as your imagination!
The most special gift your children can give a loved one is a handmade creation; encourage them to give of themselves and their time during the holidays. They’ll be giving keepsakes that will last a lifetime.
Today’s guest blogger is Angie Knutson, a homeschooling mom of four children, ages 4 to 11. Angie created her parenting and review blog, MyFourMonkeys.com, four years ago and now also writes for DoubleDutyDivasBlog.com, TommyNelson.com, ChiquitaMoms.com, and TheDatingDivas.com, where she shares tips about motherhood, parenting, homeschooling, marriage, and crafting projects. Follow her on Twitter at @MyFourMonkeys.